2021 Honda Pilot Safety Ratings
The family-friendly Honda Pilot SUV offers seating for up to eight with plenty of cargo space, and is equipped with a wide range of smart features to keep everyone comfortable and connected on Branford roads. But what’s probably most important for your family are the 2021 Honda Pilot safety ratings, which prove that this SUV has been designed to protect your loved ones in the event of a collision. Learn more about the Pilot safety ratings and features in this guide from the team at Westbrook Honda.
Honda Pilot: NHTSA Safety Ratings
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is part of the Department of Transportation and is dedicated to keeping people safe on U.S. roadways by enforcing performance standards that reduce deaths, injuries, and economic losses associated with vehicle-related accidents. In crash tests conducted by the NHTSA*, the 2021 Honda Pilot FWD earned the following scores:
- Overall Rating: 5 stars
- Frontal Crash: 4 stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 stars
Honda Pilot Safety Features
A major contributor to the Pilot safety ratings is the Honda-exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure. Employing a system of front frame structures designed to absorb and deflect the energy generated from a frontal collision, ACE™ provides a safety shield, so to speak, to protect you and your passengers. All 2021 Honda Pilot trim levels are also equipped with additional safety features such as advanced airbags, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, traction control, electronic stability control, and a multi-angle rearview camera. The available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel Drive (AWD) System is another feature that helps increase safety, especially in adverse weather and road conditions in the New London area.
Along with the safety features listed above, all 2021 PIlot models come equipped with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver assist systems, which includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – Automatically applies the brakes when a potential frontal collision is detected.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – Relays visual and tactile alerts should the vehicle leave its lane without signalling, and can adjust steering to keep the vehicle centered in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) – Detects when the vehicle is about to leave the roadway, and provides steering adjustment and braking assistance to keep the vehicle safely on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – Maintains a safe driving distance between you and the vehicle directly ahead.
Additional safety systems such as Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor and Honda LaneWatch™ are offered on upper Honda Pilot trim levels.
Test Drive the 2021 Honda Pilot at Westbrook Honda
The Honda Pilot safety ratings and features help to make this SUV an ideal choice for your New Haven-area family. Continue your research by reviewing our Pilot vs. Acura MDX comparison, and then check out our current new vehicle specials to get the best deal on your next family SUV. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
* Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.
More from Westbrook Honda
The 2021 Honda Pilot SUV is a three-row SUV that accommodates up to eight passengers. Its spacious interior also offers plenty of room to carry all of the groceries, sports gear, or camping supplies you need on your New London-area travels. Learn more about the Honda Pilot cargo space in this guide from Westbrook Honda, and then…
Among subcompact crossovers, the new Honda HR-V has proven to be a popular choice due to its efficient performance, wide range of convenient features, and surprisingly spacious and versatile interior. With four Honda HR-V trim levels from which to choose, you can pick the model that has the features you want on the Branford…
New Civic Sedan InventoryContact Us The Civic is a popular choice for drivers like you throughout the Westbrook area, with three body styles and a variety of trim levels and colors to choose from. What are the Honda Civic color options? The unique palette of colors available for the Civic Sedan, Civic Hatchback,…