2019 Honda CR-V Safety Rating
The 2019 Honda CR-V safety ratings soar, due to Honda’s innovative safety technology suite and more. Learn more about how this capable SUV can keep you and yours safe in Branford with Westbrook Honda.
IIHS 2019 CR-V Ratings
The IIHS** evaluates vehicles in several major categories regarding Crashworthiness and Crash Avoidance Mitigation, with a highest possible score of “Good”. The Honda CR-V earned a Top Safety Pick award for 2019, thanks to its excellent scores across the board.
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment (highest possible rating)
- Headlights: Acceptable
Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable
NHTSA 2018 CR-V Ratings
The NHTSA* also tests vehicles for crashes, rating on a 5-star scale in several key categories. The 2018 CR-V received high scores for both the AWD and FWD drivetrains:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
The 2019 Honda CR-V has yet to be evaluated.
Honda CR-V Safety Features
How did the CR-V garner such high praise? Honda is known for building dependable vehicles that go the extra mile to keep New Haven drivers safe, with exceptional exterior and interior features such as:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
Honda Sensing® is an elite suite of safety technology tools that help drivers avoid possible danger on the Middletown streets. Starting with the EX trim, the Honda CR-V includes:
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
And there are even more safety features available on higher Honda CR-V trim levels:
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Drive Safe with a CR-V
The Honda CR-V has all this to offer and more, which is why it is a stand-out SUV against competitors like the Toyota RAV4. Explore the available CR-V trim levels and MPG ratings, then schedule a test drive at Westbrook Honda, where you can get a great deal and exceptional service on your next new car purchase today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.
**For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.