How To Get Smoke Smell Out of a Car: A Step-by-Step Guide
Buying a used car or used SUV in Westbrook allows you to find a high-quality model at an affordable price that aligns with your budget. However, sometimes these vehicles come with minor issues, such as lingering smoke smell, left behind by their previous owners. Smoke tends to permeate soft surfaces and embed itself within the fibers of the upholstery.
But is it possible to remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
Absolutely! It is indeed possible to eliminate cigarette smoke from your car. To successfully eradicate the lingering smoke odor, thoroughly cleaning your vehicle and meticulously wiping down surfaces is essential. However, employing appropriate cleaners and techniques tailored to each surface is crucial.
So, how can you effectively remove that stubborn smoky odor from your car? Discover the following professional tips and tricks provided by Westbrook Honda below on how to get smoke smell out of a car!
How To Remove Smoke Smell in Car Upholstery, Carpet, and Floor Mats
When it comes to eliminating the smoke smell from carpets and upholstery in your Honda Accord or other vehicle, special care is required, especially in comparison to dealing with leather surfaces. Follow these steps to successfully remove the smoke odor:
- Step 1: Thoroughly vacuum the upholstery and carpet. It is crucial to meticulously vacuum every nook and cranny, including under the seats and in crevices, as residual ash might be hidden in these areas.
- Step 2: Sprinkle baking soda over the carpet and upholstery. Baking soda is an exceptional odor neutralizer that efficiently absorbs unwanted scents. Apply a generous amount of baking soda and let it sit for a while.
- Step 3: Vacuum the baking soda. After allowing the baking soda to sit for an appropriate duration, vacuum it up. If the smoke smell persists, you can sprinkle small quantities of baking soda again to further eliminate the odor. Additionally, leaving an open box of baking soda in the vehicle overnight can aid in absorbing any remaining scent.
Removing Smoke Smell From Leather and Trim
The pervasive smoke smell can also permeate leather and leave residue on other surfaces. Follow these steps for effective smoke odor removal:
- Find a specialized cleaner: It is essential to utilize a cleaner specifically formulated for the surface you intend to clean. For example, if you plan to clean the car’s dashboard, ensure you use a suitable cleanser designed for that purpose.
- Clean the surface multiple times: Due to the deep penetration of smoke into various surfaces, repeated cleaning is crucial. Consistent and thorough cleaning sessions will help guarantee the complete removal of both the smell and residue.
Remove Car Smoke Smell: Next Steps
Once you have successfully cleaned the upholstery, carpet, and trim, it is important to extend your efforts to other surfaces within your vehicle. Consider the following steps:
- Wipe down windows and windshields: The smoke residue can linger on these surfaces and contribute to a foul smell. Use appropriate cleaning agents and cloths to thoroughly wipe down your windows, front and back windshields, and any other glass surfaces.
- Replace the air filter: The smell of smoke can infiltrate the air vents and circulate throughout your car. It is recommended to replace the air filter to prevent the odor from persisting.
Find Your Perfect Vehicle & Learn More Car Care Tips at Westbrook Honda!
If you are in search of the ideal new or used vehicle in the Branford or New London area, look no further than Westbrook Honda. We cater to all your automotive needs, whether you are interested in a test drive or require professional services for your Honda CR-V or Honda Pilot. Reach out to our dedicated staff today to learn more about our inventory or to talk about the Honda Advantage and why our new and pre-owned models are the right choice for your Westbrook drive.
Removing the smoke smell from a car requires careful attention and a systematic approach. By following the methods above, you can effectively eliminate cigarette odor from your vehicle, allowing you to enjoy a fresh and pleasant driving environment near Middletown.
Need more car care tips for your new or used Honda? Now that you know how to get the smoke smell out of a car, check out How To Clean Car Floor Mats, How to Remove Stickers from a Car, or the Honda Accord Maintenance Schedule.