Honda Civic Maintenance Schedule
Unsure of your Honda Civic maintenance schedule? Always check your owner’s manual, but here, Westbrook Honda provides Branford drivers with general information on what service is needed when. Keep in mind that maintenance schedules are largely based on your driving conditions. For example, stop-and-go driving or extremely hot weather may cause more wear and tear. Learn more about your Honda Civic service schedule from the experts at Westbrook Honda.
Maintenance Every 7,500 Miles
As long as no light appears indicating Honda Civic maintenance codes, the following services should be completed every 7,500 miles:
- Oil and filter change
- Brake inspection
- Fluid level check and refill
- Tire inspection and rotation
- Throttle linkage lubrication
Maintenance Every 15,000 Miles
At 15,000-mile intervals, New London drivers should be aware of the following recommended Civic maintenance services:
- Chassis and hinge lubrication as needed
- Oil drain plug and gasket replacement
- Tire rotation
- Undercarriage, crankcase filter, and shocks and struts inspections
- Air conditioning and heat inspection
- Transmission service if required
- Light and wiper inspections and replacements if necessary
- Air filter replacement
- Steering systems check
- Spark plug replacement if needed
- Parking brake adjustments as needed
Maintenance Every 30,000 Miles
Every 30,000 miles, make sure to visit Westbrook Honda for Honda Civic maintenance services such as:
- Leak inspections and level controls
- Engine coolant replacement
- Battery service and cable cleaning
- Coolant hoses and clamps inspections
- Automatic transmission oil and filter change
- Propeller shaft, wheel bearings, drive shaft bearings, and throttle shaft lubrications
- Drive belt inspection and adjustment
Why Is Car Maintenance Important?
This is not an exhaustive Honda Civic service schedule list, but it provides a sense of what New Haven drivers should be paying attention to. So why is car maintenance important overall? The benefits are numerous, as car maintenance:
- Prevents more costly repairs later on and saves time associated with such repairs.
- Reduces risk as you drive, keeping you and your passengers safe.
- Improves the quality of your vehicle, which is ideal for its resale value – plus, it means smoother drives.
Whether you need service for a brand new Civic, or want to keep up to date on your Honda Civic maintenance schedule for 2016 or older models, Westbrook Honda is here to help.
Trust the Honda Civic Maintenance Experts at Westbrook Honda
Once you’ve decided on the 2019 Honda Civic over the 2019 Nissan Sentra, make sure to keep up with your Honda Civic maintenance by scheduling service at Westbrook Honda! Our team is here to help in any way we can, including how to enter Honda Civic radio code, as well as advice on how to get a smoke smell out of your car.
More from Westbrook Honda
The 2020 Honda Odyssey offers Branford families a spacious interior, convenient features, and the kind of fuel economy that can help cut down on those costly visits to the pump. With its powerful V6 engine, you might think that the Odyssey would have to compromise on efficiency, but that’s not the case at all. Learn…
The 2020 Honda Accord offers Branford drivers a powerful engine, a comfortable ride, and a wide array of convenient features. It’s easy to see why this stylish sedan is so popular among drivers in Westbrook and beyond. Learn more about the Honda Accord design and interior features, and then contact Westbrook Honda to schedule a test…
There are six different 2020 Honda Accord configurations for Branford-area drivers to choose from, each with its own unique set of features. No matter the trim level that you pick, you’ll enjoy the sleek styling and comfortable ride of this tech-savvy sedan. Learn all about the starting price and standard features of each Accord trim…